Ray Bradbury Forums
Pictures of Rays 90 th Birthday

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomments/f/3791083901/m/717101534

15 August 2010, 05:39 PM
drewbaker
Pictures of Rays 90 th Birthday
Here are a few bad pictures I shot today.It was a great party.
15 August 2010, 07:13 PM
fanboy
Thank you!! They look pretty good to me!
16 August 2010, 05:04 AM
The Lake
Now, that's an amazing birthday cake!
16 August 2010, 07:51 AM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
Now, that's an amazing birthday cake!

The pages list all of Ray's books from Dark Carnival to Juggernaut. Oh yes, and it tasted good. A Cuban sponge cake with chocolate pudding filling.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley
18 August 2010, 10:30 AM
PatR
Hi,
It was a wonderful party. Thank you JKT for the delicious cake.
Here are my photos from the party and a few others from my visit to Ray several weeks ago. It was sure nice to get to spend time with so many folks from here!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...s/72157624753312424/
19 August 2010, 06:37 PM
drewbaker
PatR,
The photos are amazing,they really make mine look bad.Thank you for taking them and esepically for labeling them.
Drew.
20 August 2010, 02:08 AM
PatR
Thank you Drew!
Does anybody know who the gentleman is with Arnold Kunert and his wife?
20 August 2010, 05:40 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:
Thank you Drew!
Does anybody know who the gentleman is with Arnold Kunert and his wife?

Which photo of the Kunert's?

John King Tarpinian
20 August 2010, 05:52 PM
PatR
The one with 3 folks standing in front of the store. Mrs. Kunert is in the middle and Arnold is to her right. There are two photos like this and in one of them both men are kissing her. Arnold said to me, "He needs to be in the photo because he is famous too."
25 August 2010, 09:17 AM
philnic
Good photos, drewbaker. I'm wondering now if we met during the day. I think there were quite a few people around who I would know by name, but not by face.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
25 August 2010, 10:49 PM
bridget selavie
What is left for this weeks' celebration?
26 August 2010, 01:55 PM
jkt
quote:
Originally posted by bridget selavie:
What is left for this weeks' celebration?

Tonight is the Main Los Angeles Library screening of Ice Cream Suit along with some of the actors being on stage.

Saturday is the afternoon event at the Paley Center for Television.

John King Tarpinian
26 August 2010, 05:58 PM
Doug Spaulding
Finally, I have a few photos online. It's not just the party - in fact, most are taken at Chris Slatoff's studio. You can see some marvellous works there, including a couple shots of the remains of the clay Fr Electrico, and a couple of the back, now hanging on his wall.

There's also a couple of GCJ and Bill Nolan enjoying a chuckle, and one of George teaching a writing class whilst being filmed.

One or two of my friend and I, and a few of us visiting Ray at home the day before the party.

These won't be online forever, and the user name and password is rb90.

"Live Forever!"
26 August 2010, 07:14 PM
Linnl
Really cool! Thanks a bunch!
28 August 2010, 05:32 AM
philnic
I haven't had time to put my photos online yet, but I have uploaded photos on behalf of another member of the board. You can view them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7...624820844798/detail/

(The order in which the photos appear is a bit random, I'm afraid, despite my best efforts to tell FlickR the proper order!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter