Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray's Play "Machineries of Joy" (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray's Play "Machineries of Joy"
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Following photos taken (May 21st) and (Saturday, May 20th) are of Ray Bradbury's 'The Machineries of Joy' at the Fremont Theater in Pasadena, California. Directed by Alan Neal Hubbs. Produced by Ray Bradbury and Mindy Brandt. NOTE:
Final photo additions by end of this week, May 22nd

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wonderful photos, Nard! Thanks for posting them.

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard,

excellent work! It looks like you were right there on the stage with your camera. Ray looks in good shape, too.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:

In fact, I was up on-stage. A few of the actors were kind enough, with the director's blessing, to pose for photos before and after the play. Took perhaps a couple dozen shots.

Also have a good half dozen short video clips of Ray talking with others while attending his play, 'The Machineries of Joy', that will prove interesting. Videos will be available for download once my new website is completed. In the meanwhile, I'll be posting a few more photos of the play sometime this week.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Final few photos will be added by end of this week, around May 26th.

posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for these photos. Seeing a photo of Stuart Gordon made me think that it's a shame that the movie The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit was only released in video. Has it ever been on television?

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I know that you are quite busy and I had asked the question before as to how to set up a photo display as you have.

This Thursday I plan to take photos of the Video Conference with Sam Weller and Ray and hopefully would have some worthy of posting. But to be able to do it in the manner as you have would much more desirable than posting them one at a time.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
libRArY:

As far as I know, Wonderful Ice Cream Suit was shown once at a movie theater in downtown Chicago. Perhaps on cable TV only. Someone else may know more about that.

______

biplane:

Did you get the info on placing photos online? If not, email me, I'll go in detail on that one.

______

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

posted Hide Post
Thanks! I have seen the video of The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit and it's a shame if it hasn't been on TV.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, no I am totaly ignorant as to the technical applications. And I am not sure if I have your correct email address in that I wrote you just the other day, but have not seen a response.

Ray was great tonight and Sam is quite the young man.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post