Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    My Few Photos of Ray's 90th Party (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
My Few Photos of Ray's 90th Party
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Those who were in attendance know that I had limited mobility during the event. (insert smiley face here)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Pandemonium Press:

Pandemonium Press
An Irregular Publication of RAY BRADBURY’S PANDEMONIUM THEATRE COMPANY
Celebrating its 47th ANNIVERSARY YEAR!

Issue No. 54 August 2010

RAY BRADBURY’S 90TH BIRTHDAY A CELEBRATION IN TIME

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Christine and Malcolm Bell, owners of the Mystery and Imagination Bookstore in Glendale, hosted a 90th Birthday Party for Ray Bradbury
at their store.

By the time of the arrival of the “Birthday Boy” at 2 pm, the store was almost packed with fans and friends, as well as photographers and videographers. Everyone wanted to see and be near Ray Bradbury on this special day.

The huge birthday cake, in the shape of an open book with the titles of Ray’s books and stories printed on the icing, was placed in front of Ray so he could blow out the single candle representing another year of literary creativity.

The book signing, coordinated by John King Tarpinian, was interspersed with oral tributes from fans and friends. Steven Paul Leiva hosted the tribute introductions. Among the many fans and friends in attendance were the following – many of whom presented oral tributes to Ray (in alphabetical order):

Leah Allers, Actress; Roger Allers, Co-director, The Lion King; Whitney Scott Bain, Protégé and Screenwriter; Ron and Margaret Borst, Collectors; John Dayton, Friend; FX Feeney, Writer; Lawrence French, Cinefantastique Magazine; Alan Neal Hubbs, Director, Pandemonium Theatre Group Productions; George Clayton Johnson, Author and Screenwriter;
Richard Kaminsky, Friend (Chicago, Ill.); Robert Kerr, Actor in the Pandemonium Theatre Company; Greg Koudoulian, Shel Dorf Fan Club; Arnold Kunert, Friend, Producer/Director and US Agent for Ray Harryhausen; David Marchant, Friend and Representative for the Forrie Ackerman Estate; Alla Matusov, Principal, Green School of Hollywood; William F. Nolan, Author and Screenwriter; William Pappas, Fan and Actor (San Diego, CA); John Rafanello, CEO and Chief Visioneer, Wonderworld Entertainment + Disney Imagineer; Earl Roesel;
Mr. and Mrs. Jason Sunni, Friends and Documentary Producers; Phil Tippett, Visual Effects Artist, Tippett Studios (San Francisco, CA); Soul Trang, Writer (Austin, TX); Steve Wollenberg, Actor, Pandemonium Theatre Company Productions; Phil Yeh, Cartoonist

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RAY!

Note: Photos contributed by Arnold Kunert and John King Tarpinian

The celebration of Ray’s 90th birthday continues through August 28.
Two flyers are attached in the event you missed this day.
All events are Free to the Public.

Be sure to check in on Ray’s website: www.raybradbury.com

Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company
Established 1963
Ray Bradbury, Co-Founder, Producer and Playwright
The late Charles Rome Smith, Co-Founder and Director

Pandemonium Press
Marlene and Arnold Kunert – Editors
Email to pande_press@cox.net if you no longer wish to receive this publication.
©2010 RAY BRADBURY ENTERPRISES

NOTE: photos expurgated because of the lousy software the publisher uses.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,
I just wanted to say thank you again, without you this wonderful celebration would not have taken place.
Drew

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drewbaker:
John,
I just wanted to say thank you again, without you this wonderful celebration would not have taken place.
Drew

It is done out of love and well worth it.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

posted Hide Post
jkt may only have got a few photos, but he had the best vantage point of all. The rest of us were climbing stepladders just to photograph the backs of other fans' heads!

I've just arrived back home after two weeks without web access, and I've been itching to see the photos etc on here. I have a few of my own, which I will post when I get the chance, but unfortunately I have some more urgent business to attend to right now.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,
Thank You.

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post