Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Forry Doc - Special Guest: Ray! (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Forry Doc - Special Guest: Ray!
 Login/Join

by Doug Spaulding (created on )Gallery | Comments 
As promised a month ago, here are some photos shot on our first day of shooting, August 14th.

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, what great shots!! Between you and Nard the rest of us can, almost, feel that we are there. Really out standing photos, just not enough of them. Can't wait to see the Documentary.

By the way, what a colorful shirt Ray has on.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two wonderfully, magnificent Time Machines.
"So long, boys. Come aboard any time!!!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot Doug Spaulding, your definitely an integral personage on these boards. You have really helped to make it the special, heartwarmingly unique website that it is. You do honors to Mr. B very well, and 4E!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photos, Doug. Any news on the Harryhausen-interview front? I'm still interested and available!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Doug, what great shots!! Between you and Nard the rest of us can, almost, feel that we are there. Really out standing photos, just not enough of them. Can't wait to see the Documentary.

By the way, what a colorful shirt Ray has on.

Thanks!

There were actually better than fifty photos from the shoot, I just picked the best ones.

Hope we can sell the doc!

Yes, I told him what a lovely technicolour shirt!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Two wonderfully, magnificent Time Machines.
"So long, boys. Come aboard any time!!!"

I was thinking the same thing.

In fact, I'm about to approach Mr B about a possible adaptation of "Dandelion Wine" to film (I have a production company interested and I'll write the script - pray for me), and who better to play Colonel Freeleigh than Forrest J Ackerman?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robot Lincoln:
Thanks a lot Doug Spaulding, your definitely an integral personage on these boards. You have really helped to make it the special, heartwarmingly unique website that it is. You do honors to Mr. B very well, and 4E!

Thanks! You're too kind, Mr Lincoln - much too kind, and your inspiring words are most welcome.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Great photos, Doug. Any news on the Harryhausen-interview front? I'm still interested and available!

Thanks, Phil!

Forry has been out of town to various conventions of late, and I have not seen him in several weeks, but that will be first on my lips as soon as I next touch Los Feliz!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
D.S. - If Forry is the right man for the Centenarian Colonel F., then would it not be fitting for Mr. B to make cameo appearances as Grandfather Spaulding on the porch or sipping the golden wine?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
D.S. - If Forry is the right man for the Centenarian Colonel F., then would it not be fitting for Mr. B to make cameo appearances as Grandfather Spaulding on the porch or sipping the golden wine?

You're on the right track there! I'll talk to him.

"Live Forever!"