New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray Bradbury's 90th Birthday Party
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
It's almost like having been there. George Clayton Johnson and his production partner Jeffrey Charles has produced a limited number of DVDs of Ray's party at the bookshop. They are available for $20 each. If interested give them a call, Mystery and Imagination, between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m., Left Coast Time, Tues-Sunday at 818.545.0206

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is still up on the WGA website:

http://www.wga.org/

(the conversations in the green room were even better)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four months on from Ray's 90th, I finally get around to uploading some photos from the Glendale celebration.

Please visit my blog (www.bradburymedia.co.uk).

Merry Christmas!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Capital photos, Phil. Thanks.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
Capital photos, Phil. Thanks.

You should have been there!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed we should! I'd made a provisional booking when Mr T (a thoroughbred Scot) started mithering about the cost mid-August - why couldn't we go in October etc? - which kind of missed the point. Maybe this year ...

Current airmiles would just about get us to the West Midlands and back.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it wasn't exactly the cheapest trip I'd ever taken - but it was once in a lifetime. (Well, actually TWICE in a lifetime for me, since I'd met Ray once before, two years earlier.)

Good luck with those airmiles! As an inhabitant of the West Midlands, I say save them!

- Phil