Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's 90th Birthday Party (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray Bradbury's 90th Birthday Party
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
All are invited

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, jkt! The bookshop may need to clear some floor space if everyone is invited!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Thanks for posting, jkt! The bookshop may need to clear some floor space if everyone is invited!

They have done it before and they will do it again.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mog the Dog here. Thanks for the invite, jkt! I will be there. Who else from this discussion forum is planning on attending?

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh how wonderful it would be to attend such a joyous occasion, but sadly, I will be on the other side of the world for the entire month of August.

Give my Happy Birthday wishes to my favorite twin Leo! (Mine is the 13th of August)

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MogtheDog:
Who else from this discussion forum is planning on attending?

We'll do our level best to be there.
(Mr T is still pinning his hopes on stardom before the sands of time run out.)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tinkerbell, long time no see!

I am planning to be there.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also relevant to this thread:

http://www.planetary.org/special/fromearth/bradbury

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I'd like to attend but admit I am a bit thrown by the early date.

Cori

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope to be there too.

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I'd like to attend but admit I am a bit thrown by the early date.

The following weekend is Ray's actual birthday but something more private is on tap to ring in his 9th decade that week. Which would put us to the weekend after his birthday. Better to be first to honor the master.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...to ring in his 9th decade...

I think it's actually his TENTH decade. Think about it: his first decade was from age 0, his second from age 10, his third from age 20,...and his tenth from age 90!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think it's actually his TENTH decade. Think about it: his first decade was from age 0, his second from age 10, his third from age 20,...and his tenth from age 90!
The beginning of his 91st year. Do you Brits count from conception? Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jkt:

Do you Brits count from conception? Wink

Speaking of conception, if Ray were born a month late (as he has often claimed), then that would mean he could have been conceived on Halloween!

MTD

"I was not born, but instead created. I’m not alive, and yet I exist. I will never die, but some day I will be forgotten, as was the light by which I came into this world." MTD

Posts: 168 | Location: Out of the Attic | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just talked to Phil Tippett, who I invited, of course. He will be there very likely, and it's even barely possible he might have a DVD for me - his short seventies film A SOUND OF THUNDER!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post