Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's Wisdom (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray Bradbury's Wisdom
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here is a scan of the front and the back of the postcard for Ray's next play series. It will continue with the ballet, now titled 2116, and add a second act, titled 1916.

The ballet is from Happy Anniversary 2116, originally written for Elsa Lanchester and Charles Laughton to have been directed by James Whale.

The second act, 1916, is taken from the short story The Better Part of Wisdom. It is a truly lovely story about a grandfather's unconditional love for his grandson.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, jkt - and welcome back.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your posts jkt, be well and welcome back. -Robert

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to purchase tickets:
https://www.plays411.net/newsite/show/play_info.asp

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What became of the 1916 act? The postcard at the Fremont Center now mentions only the 2116 ballet.

"Yes, yes. What a lovely insanity."

Posts: 12 | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting these jkt! Enjoyed them all!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've added a photo of Norman Cowrin's visit to see Ray's play. Ray is 89 years young and Norman is 99 years young.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Hi All,
Thought y'all would enjoy these photos I took at Ray's play on February 6, 2010. I absolutely loved the performance. The music, dance, actors, and of course the writing - all a joy to behold. If I had been in LA longer I would have seen it several times.
-Patricia
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...s/72157623397839027/

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the photos, Patricia. Good to hear from you as always!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I've added a photo of Norman Cowrin's visit to see Ray's play. Ray is 89 years young and Norman is 99 years young.

I'm off to see a short performance by Velzoe Brown and ther band.
A local legend, Velzoe will be 100 tomorrow!

http://articles.sfgate.com/200...3_1_piano-drums-band

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The CD of the play is now available via FleaBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...me=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

John King Tarpinian