Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Contest (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Contest
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here is a little contest in honor of Ray's 89th birthday. Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. on August 22nd, assuming the correct answer does not get posted by then. Those of you, and you know who you are, are disqualfied. Let some of the new-kids-on-the-block have a crack at this.

The first person who comes up with the correct answer will receive a signed copy of Marionettes Inc.

Ready for the question?

What is the name of the cat in this painting by L.J. Dopp?

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know the name of the cat, but the man looks a BIT like Ray Bradbury... Razzer

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And someone's email has made it clear in no uncertain terms that I may not play!

Rejected again. This is not going to be good for my self-esteem.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
And someone's email has made it clear in no uncertain terms that I may not play!

Rejected again. This is not going to be good for my self-esteem.

Only because I've told you the answer. Wink

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll have a go...
Let's see, pick a letter, A to Z...

Zoe?

If not, can I guess again?

Posts: 14 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy:
Okay, I'll have a go...
Let's see, pick a letter, A to Z...

Zoe?

If not, can I guess again?

Try again, but thank you for playing.

I'll give a little hint Thursday morning and a big hint Saturday morning.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Only because I've told you the answer. Wink

I always was the teacher's pet.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is it midnight?

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's certainly not Arthur.

Imagetn_img002_(2)_Arthur_in_repose.jpg (82 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
It's certainly not Arthur.

It MIGHT be Arthur, just not THIS Arthur.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chunks in jelly is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
But not the name of the cat. I assume.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
All good guesses but not on the mark.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I'm going to say its Blackie who "becomes Ditzi when we see her behavior" mentioned in WITH CAT FOR COMFORTER by Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Tarkas:
I'm going to say its Blackie who "becomes Ditzi when we see her behavior" mentioned in WITH CAT FOR COMFORTER by Ray Bradbury.

The best guess so far but not the correct answer.

John King Tarpinian