Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury's 89th Birthday Party (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray Bradbury's 89th Birthday Party
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here is the flyer for the big party. This year, the party will be held on Ray's actual birthday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was asked that if one attends the party may one bring a gift for the birthday boy. The answer is YES.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought we at Comic-Con were the first to get an invite... even though I did not get a flyer, am I still able to attend? Does he do book signings? Just curious.

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LadyStrange:
I thought we at Comic-Con were the first to get an invite... even though I did not get a flyer, am I still able to attend? Does he do book signings? Just curious.

The well meaning people in the hall forgot to hand out the flyers. Yes, one may attend. Yes, he does sign but there is a limit. If you wish to get many books signed the best place on at a Saturday night at one of his stage plays.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The well meaning people in the hall forgot to hand out the flyers. Yes, one may attend. Yes, he does sign but there is a limit. If you wish to get many books signed the best place on at a Saturday night at one of his stage plays.

Thanks for the info! I only need one book signed. That's the one I'm giving to my daughter when she's old enough.

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LadyStrange:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Thanks for the info! I only need one book signed. That's the one I'm giving to my daughter when she's old enough.

At most bookshop signings things are limited to items purchased at that bookshop. (Exceptions are made for unique items.) One of the few places that does not have that restriction is at the theatre.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Let's see, what was going on
in the world the decade
Ray Bradbury was born: 1920!

click on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...DFF2E755155&index=13

and... (amongst other things...there's nothing like a collapsible car of the 1920's for women).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...DFF2E755155&index=17

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People smoked a lot in the twenties, didn't they?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding! THERE YOU ARE!
Ah, where is THERE by the way.

Here, check out Waukegan way back when...Abraham Lincoln visited;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAHEajZZh0o

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard! Am planning on flying in for the party and play - hope to see you then!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've just added a gallery image of the 3 foot Father Electrico bronze that will be on display for Ray's birthday.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Chris, who tells me that he is finally cutting it up for the mold on the 17th!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I'll be arriving early Friday and leaving very, very early (as in 1:30 a.m.) Tuesday morning. I'm hoping to complete a few more interviews for one Bradbury book while I'm there (as well as a magazine story that's not Bradbury-related, at least not directly) and do some basic groundwork on another book. I'll be visiting Norman Corwin and Norman Lloyd for sure, mainly to catch up. I also may attend Gris Grimly's book-signing at Dark Delicacies. Unfortunately, I'll be flying solo -- sadly, no Mama and no Munchkins this time around.

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am hoping to make it for this... I would love to be there. I will just sneak out without telling anyone and make a midnight drive down the coast.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other guests that will be at the party:
Artist L.J. Dopp has done portraits of Ray, Forry and George Clayton Johnson.
George Clayton Johnson will be moderating the showing of Icarus Montgolfier Wright
William F. Nolan will be in town for the birthday
Earl Hamner, Jr. will be there (which will give us three TZ script writers)
Marc Zicree, who wrote the TZ Companion

John King Tarpinian