New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
INVISIBLE BOY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Oh PLEASE 'rise' to the bait, somebody ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Is anyone surprised Bradbury would go for the prevalent mood of much in the theater nowadays, presenting some sort of nudity?

No - it's in the story, it's not gratuitous, and RB has never been prudish about such things.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
No - it's in the story, it's not gratuitous, and RB has never been prudish about such things.[/QUOTE]

And yes, I know the story of Invisible Boy.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gee, Mr. Spaulding. By your definition Jesus was the biggest prude of all time.

I don't know about that, but I'll tell you what (seriously); I just got an email from Mr B inviting us over on Monday, so if you like I could ask him about the nudity, but I believe he'll say the same thing I just did.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There you go Mr. Spaulding. Ask Mr. Bradbury about that! And while you are there ask a little further as well. Does he have any moral wall when it has to do with boys and nudity.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does he have any moral wall when it has to do with boys and nudity.

Well I believe this question teeters on the edge of good taste, and my part in this conversation ends here.

My best to you sir.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Teeters is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
"Teeters" is better than "flirts".

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"Teeters" is better than "flirts".

After consideration, I thought so, too.

"Live Forever!"