Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury/Harryhausen, Oct. 10, 2006 (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Bradbury/Harryhausen, Oct. 10, 2006
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Ray Bradbury & Ray Harryhausen at 'Every Picture Tells a Story', in Santa Monica, CA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More great pics. Thanks, Nard.

I notice that in the photo where RB is signing a book, there is a Russian edition of one of his books on the table. I wonder if that is one for which he got no royalties.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is great to see these two guys enjoying the fruits of their labors.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that it is truly amazing the character of the individuals who know and are friends of Ray. Donn Albright is a very interesting and gracious person to speak with as well as Forest Ackerman. And I am sure that Ray Harryhausen is just as friendly. As opposed to some others, whose fame builds a wall around them, these folks beam with greatness as well as kindness.

Thanks, Nard, for the, almost, instantaneous reports and photos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: biplane1,

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I loved being there and being around them. (The wine wasn't bad either.) It was a very nice build-up to the movie event.

Just as nice was having Ray H. and Uncle Forry up on stage after the movie for a little chit chat. I chuckled at Uncle Forry's love of one of the actor's name: Gustov Von Syphertits (sp). Too funny and heartwarming.

I posted on the old boards a few times and am heartened that the veterans have made it over here.

Cheers,

Bill Powers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Powervideo,

ImageRay_Bradbury_Harryhausen_She_low_res.JPG (133 Kb, 9 downloads) Pic of me and the 2 Rays in Santa Monica

Posts: 12 | Registered: 17 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gustav von Seyffertitz.

Yeah - 4E is a bundle of fun!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I have now seen SHE - the Ray Haryyhausen version - twice. Just got back from the showing in San Diego at the Natural History Museum in the stadium theatre. It was even better the second time around. so, Na Boo Da to you haven't yet seen it. Go and buy the DVD when it comes out, I think in November, it will be a treat for you. Ray was in his element surrounded by dinousars and was signing books after the event. Sorry no pictures from me, it was a work day and made for a long but very enjoyable evening.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Na Boo Da"?
Well, Klaatu Barada Nikto to you!

Maybe I missed a previous discussion, but is what's coming out next month just a colourised version of the 1935 movie?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II

Not just colorized, a new fangled type of colorization that makes it look like, as someone in the audience remarked, like a restored original color print.

An amazing movie I was not familiar with it. [Rode together with patrask up north to the first showing couple weeks ago.] It was done by the same people shortly after King Kong. Big budget! Now Ray Harryhausen supervised this new colorization process. So this is something really special.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post