Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    25th Ray Bradbury Creativity Awards (Community Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
25th Ray Bradbury Creativity Awards
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
This years honoree was Kirk Douglas. Also on the dais was Bo Derek (sitting in for Ray) and George Schlatter (remember Laugh-in?) speaking about Kirk.

Expect better photos from Doug Spaulding.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Expect better photos from Doug Spaulding.

Thank you for your kind words. I have more on my Facepage. Friends can come on over and look.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just before the presentation, we were treated to a rarity - a solar eclipse! I got a pretty good shot.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two Bradbury moments ~

We visited briefly with Miss Derek at Mr. B's party a couple of summers ago. She was a very gracious and approachable celebrity. Bless her for her friendship and caring of Mr. Bradbury!

"Congratulations" to Mr. Douglas for receiving the 2012 Ray Bradbury Creative Award. This from our hometown's local university website:
http://www.stlawu.edu/athletics/node/1600

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Just before the presentation, we were treated to a rarity - a solar eclipse!...

The sun looking like the man in the moon!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! jkt and Doug Spaulding for sharing photos of these events.
Kirk Douglas was a real wrestler? Those guys have to be very fit!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl: "Kirk Douglas was a real wrestler?"
Quite the overall athlete!

http://www.stlawu.edu/athletics/saints/hof/all
(See "1980 Inductees.")

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Kirk Douglas was a real wrestler? Those guys have to be very fit!

He moved pretty quickly for 95! He was out of that auditorium and in that Prius before you could shake a stick! (Stopping only to pose for me.)

"Live Forever!"