Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Autumn People closes (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Autumn People closes
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Sunday, November 19th, 2006, 3PM, was the final performance of Ray Bradbury's AUTUMN PEOPLE. The play had been extended because of popular demand.

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~**
A new play, "A Bradbury Christmas", is scheduled for several performances in two weeks. Ray is to read from his works on the second half of each performance. The play will also incorporate his short story, "The Man".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, AUGUST people? Or AUTUMN people?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic:
See, Phil, after a long day, refrain from posting things near midnight.

I can't recall when Ray had such a extended event of reading from his works. The upcoming ''Bradbury Christmas play will surely be one to remember.

Thanks!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
...refrain from posting things near midnight...

Indeed! Better to wait until... Long After Midnight.

(And by spooky coincidence, I am typing this JUST after midnight.)

I hope Ray can cope with all that reading.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that photo album working alright? I can't seem to click to enlarge the pictures.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding: Works fine.

posted Hide Post
You are so lucky, Nard, to be out there now so you can catch all of Ray's performances, author talks, etc. I'm green with envy! So are you missing Chicago at all?

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper: Chicago? I'm missing my old house. But then I look thru the lens of my memories out those familiar windows back there, and gaze upon the old wonderful neighborhood that once was so familiar, but now turned to grevious gang activity, and `pfFFft!!` I don't miss it anymore at all.

Southern California is a great place. Lived here for 20 years in the late 70's into 80's into early 90's. Should have bought up every piece of property with every dollar I could muster up. But I wasn't interested in those kind of important things back then. The same old $45,000 house in Fullerton, CA in the early 1980's, now goes on the market today for $750,000. Just doesn't seem to be fair. Rents have gone up to the high heavens as well.

Why arn't some of these wonderful writers we love so much living in inexpensive, easy to afford ...Oklahoma?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Doug Spaulding: Works fine.

Well, it is now - thanks!

Ray has new spectacles. With actual glass in them! What's up with that?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hasn't he always had glass in them?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Hasn't he always had glass in them?

No. About a year and a half ago, he had laser surgery on his remaining good eye, I hear, and has not needed glasses ever since then, although he would almost always wear the familiar black frames whilst appearing in public (for familiarity's sake).

I have seen him up close and personal many times since 2006 June, and he always wore lensless frames. Now I see he has brand new frames (rather sporty too!), and lenses. Perhaps the vision has deteriorated lately? I hope not!

Be optically well, Mr B, and...

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Look forward to Ray's upcoming Pandemonium plays. Also, has it been ultra quiet on the set lately? Not even a gobble.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post