Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray Bradbury Live! (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray Bradbury Live!
 Login/Join

by Doug Spaulding (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Just back from the event which is, at this hour, still fresh as today's headlines.

I've got lots of photos to post so let's get to it. But first, a short story: The great film director Irvin Kershner was there again, directing, and this time I got my few minutes with him, having him sign my "Empire Strikes Back", and telling him of my 4E doc project. He took an interest, and asked about it. When I told him I had an eight minute clip from it, he said he would like to see it! (Pause to recollect myself) The director of "The Empire Strikes Back" wants to see my film! I believe the correct terminology here is as follows: Oh. My. God.

He gave me his email address and phone number and said we would meet soon. That would be a "wow".

Also met the great horror author Dennis Etchison and his charming wife - in fact, sat beside them during the production, and we talked Ray, and we talked 4E. It seems his spouse is an old friend of 4E and has some old still photos I can probably use in the doc. I am to contact them soon about it.

Once again, may I say, nice night!

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for these photos, Doug (John):
My daughter is in town with her kids and etc etc. so was unable to get there. Trying again next week.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
================
Go, Doug, Go!!!
================

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I say, I dislike intensely this new photo program. Half the clicks don't do anything and the other half may, but it's so slow, and difficult to control. Also easy to miss the comments if you're not looking!

Someone on the business end of this thing please put the old program back up!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry patrask - I couldn't post the photo I shot of you, as it's too large, and I don't know anything about working with photos, so I can't small it down.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug
Spaulding:

Try emailing the patrask (Phil) picture to me. I can 'compress' it for the Bradbury site.
Yes!! This new photo thingie is downright phooey!
email: Kordellll@yahoo.com

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Go, Doug, Go!!!

My cheerleader!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Try emailing the patrask (Phil) picture to me. I can 'compress' it for the Bradbury site.

Emailing now.

A new email address, I see.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

Emailing now.

A new email address, I see.

+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The trouble with this new system, started awhile ago, is that it limits the size of the files to an unsatisfactory degree. I enlarged a section of this photo, and it thereby enlarged the pixels, so the mechanism that calibrates the pixels says there is too much space given to the photo, when, in fact, there is just an enlarged, small section. So, this is as large as I can make it. If this works, magically appearing will be patrask (Phil) and his wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+

ImageMr._theMrs.JPG (193 Kb, 13 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Perfect!

Thanks.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here are some stock photos done the old fashioned way, one at a time.
Anders Asbjornsen
Philip Sokoloff
Paul Bond
Roses Prichard

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageAndersAsbjornsenPhilipSokoloffMichaelPrichard.jpg (32 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matthew and Paul Bond

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageMatthewAndPaulBond.jpg (64 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news and thanks for sharing!

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post