Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    60th Anniversary Fahrenheit 451 (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
60th Anniversary Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
It was a very long evening. Neil was signing until after 2:45 a.m.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ultra cool, jkt. Thanks, as always, for sharing about Bradbury events.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Ultra cool, jkt. Thanks, as always, for sharing about Bradbury events.

Technically, this was a Neil Gaiman event. Wink

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received mine today, and I'm totally thrilled with it!

For those not sure whether they need this edition:

I counted 90 pages of thoroughly worthwhile additional material. Ninety!

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
I received mine today, and I'm totally thrilled with it!

For those not sure whether they need this edition:

I counted 90 pages of thoroughly worthwhile additional material. Ninety!

Jon Eller's additions make the book at "must have."

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...Jon Eller's additions make the book at "must have."

All the more reason to be confused and disappointed by the publisher's lack of emphasis of how new and different this edition is. (See other thread for details!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You be the judge . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8bPp3_sXfc

The printed page may someday only exist in museum displays. Recall the Time Traveler (Rod Taylor) when he clasps the ancient book, realizing the fate of the Eloi?!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post