Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    A Visit from Ray ~ Fr Electrico (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
A Visit from Ray ~ Fr Electrico
 Login/Join

by Doug Spaulding (created on )Gallery | Comments 
As promised, here are photos taken last afternoon at Chris Slatoff's beautiful studio. Ray dropped by to have his first looks at Chris's nearly compleated statue, Father Electrico.

The work is incredibly beautiful, and Ray loved it.

Thanks to jkt for taking many of the photos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a remarkable piece of work. Remind us, Doug, what will happen to the finished piece?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
What a remarkable piece of work. Remind us, Doug, what will happen to the finished piece?

From what I understand, the unveiling is expected to be at the Getty Museum. I'm not sure if that will be its final home, however. If you wish one for your garden, it is my understanding that this is a limited edition of eight being cast in bronze.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post