Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Get Your Own Jar (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Get Your Own Jar
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
It was a drizzly day here in LaLaLand. Being the fool that I am I went strolling around Olde Towne Pasadena. I felt the impulse to go into the Crate and Barrel. Here is what I found, a 2 gallon (8 liter) JAR. Compare the real JAR with this JAR and decide if you have to buy one.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/...=400001&SearchPage=1

Here Kitty Kitty.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good likeness! I found a reasonable facsimile at Walmart for 14 bucks and just wondering what to put in it that will look like liquid but not dry up or get icky.

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Very good likeness! I found a reasonable facsimile at Walmart for 14 bucks and just wondering what to put in it that will look like liquid but not dry up or get icky.

I am going to, at some time, visit a movie studio chemical/cosmetic supply house in Burbank, CA named Tri-Chem to see what they suggest.

When you posted the WallyWorld find I went to one and did they did not have them.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, let us know what they say and if they sell it in bulk maybe we can buy a batch to share.

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Well, let us know what they say and if they sell it in bulk maybe we can buy a batch to share.

I was the only customer in the store and they were silly enough to ask me what I was going to do with the jar. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley