Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Eighty-Ninth Birthday Pictures
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
I was there in spirit, as always, just a little under the weather lately.

That's rather unfortunate. Do feel better.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by patrask:
...just a little under the weather lately./QUOTE]

With the mid-west weather we had on Saturday I was tempted to stay home.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Hey JKT, thanks for the wonderful photos. And thanks for taking the photos of Frank and his family. I have always wondered what they looked like after having talked with them over the years on the phone. The nice thing about talking with you John, on the phone, is that I know what you look like.

Butch!
Beautiful family!

Ray did look particlulary fit and happy as should an 89 year-old. And thank you for your continued support of Ray and his many fans throughout the world.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the link to the article in my local newspaper.

http://www.glendalenewspress.c...p-bradbury082409.txt

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another review of the party from File770:

http://file770.com/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
I'm sorry that I disremember the board name of my Canadian friend whom I met. Re-introduce yourself.[/QUOTE]

Hi again Doug, it's skmckee, (Shawn). It was great to meet you and others from the board! It was an unforgetable day and evening. I'll post a few photos soon. Take care.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Shawn!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone!

I wasn't sure I could (or should) add my photo album to this thread, so I started another. My Canine-American companion Sophie and I had a great drive down and a wonderful time. It was great to meet jkt and others in person, and the cherry on the sundae was Sophie's meeting with Ray!

We parked down the street from the bookstore, and it happened to be right in front of the restaurant Ray and his party decamped to after the event. When I let Sophie out of the truck for a walk, Ray asked me to introduce her, and she coyly sniffed his ring and wagged her willow-plume tail. Ray's son commented that he's not usually a dog person; I put it down to Sophie's coquettish charm ;-)

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So that was you with the dog! I was at table with Ray when that happened. I remember him asking you to "bring the dog over".

Ray's son?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
So that was you with the dog! I was at table with Ray when that happened. I remember him asking you to "bring the dog over".

Ray's son?

Oh, good heavens, I've made a faux paw. ;-)
I assumed that the dapper fellow in white, who bore a resemblance to Ray, was a close relative.
Oops.

The lady in question:

ImageP0001922.jpg (47 Kb, 14 downloads) Miss Sophie in repose

Posts: 39 | Location: Big Sur, CA | Registered: 20 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are back on the East Coast safely after approx. 6500 miles of train, car, and "pedestrian" mileage. What a beautiful country and amazing experiences - especially with all of you "great folks" from this board and those who made the CA events so "Awesome" - to quote our sons!

JKT, DS, Nard, M/M Prichard, Terry Pace, M/M Reynolds (of the wonderful Fremont Centre Theatre), Wm. Nolan, George Clayton Johnson, Christine (Mystery and Imagination Bookstore), David-Fox-Brenton, et. al!! Thank you sincerely for being a part of a family adventure of a lifetime! It was a pleasure to meet and spend a bit of time exchanging will all of you.

Mr. Bradbury was so gracious and appreciative throughout the events! Now, back in the classroom and still getting organized, I hope to send each of you a personal note in the coming days!
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groovista:
Oh, good heavens, I've made a faux paw. ;-)
I assumed that the dapper fellow in white, who bore a resemblance to Ray, was a close relative.
Oops.

The lady in question:

And a lovely lady she is.

You refer to Nik Grant, an old friend of Ray, and a swell fellow.

Faux paw is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
DS! *Thank you!!* I'll be in touch.

Sundance, all the day lacked was you riding in from over the horizon. The "scruffs" are getting big. We are sure glad we carpe diemed, hopped all those powerful locomotives, and were able to spend several hours with Mr. B.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome pictures and the other pics are wonderful from the other threads. he sure looked happy at the party and it looked fun. i am glad!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
DS! *Thank you!!* I'll be in touch.

Sundance, all the day lacked was you riding in from over the horizon. The "scruffs" are getting big. We are sure glad we carpe diemed, hopped all those powerful locomotives, and were able to spend several hours with Mr. B.

One o' these days, pard, one o' these days...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post