Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Eighty-Ninth Birthday Pictures (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Eighty-Ninth Birthday Pictures
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here are a series of photos from Ray’s Party. I’m sure other board members will be posting better ones than here but I hope you enjoy them anyway. Both parties were beautiful. Ray was in rare form despite our having a touch of Mid-West weather. Who has even heard of clouds in August???

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, John. Thanks for sharing them.

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photo #16 has a fellow poster and his family in the forefront. That's (posting as fjp451) Frank Palumbo and his family, Jennifer his wife; in the red, Francesco; and Cristiano. He teaches high school English way out East. In town just for Ray's birthday.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Photo #16 has a fellow poster and his family in the forefront. That's (posting as fjp451) Frank Palumbo and his family, Jennifer his wife; in the red, Francesco; and Cristiano. He teaches high school English way out East. In town just for Ray's birthday.

Nard, thanks for jogging my memory. Frank and crew also attended the theatre event and his was the class that made the posters. Those posters traveled by train all the way from Upstate New York.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank for sharing jkt! That first cake really "takes the cake!"

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother Tarkas:
Thank for sharing jkt! That first cake really "takes the cake!"

Wait until you see what I have planned for the 90th birthday party.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for posting these. They are wonderful!! The first cake is perfect and Ray looks so happy to be there. What a great day. I am going to be there for next years party no matter what. Let me know if you need help in the planning, I'm good with party giving.
-Patricia

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey JKT, thanks for the wonderful photos. And thanks for taking the photos of Frank and his family. I have always wondered what they looked like after having talked with them over the years on the phone. The nice thing about talking with you John, on the phone, is that I know what you look like.

Ray did look particlulary fit and happy as should an 89 year-old. And thank you for your continued support of Ray and his many fans throughout the world.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank! You have a wonderful family there, and I am so glad you were able to be here, and it was nice to chat with you at the play. This is a day you'll always remember!

Nard! Thanks for coming up. Nice to see you again, as always.

jkt! As always, a pleasure.

patrask! Where were you?

library! Were you about?

I'm sorry that I disremember the board name of my Canadian friend whom I met. Re-introduce yourself.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so glad that those of you who could make it to the party did come. Next year, I expect everybody on the board to attend!!! I have BIG plans for the 90th.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Great photos (and cake) as usual, jkt, thanks for posting. I will make every effort to be there for birthday no. 90!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS: I was never entirely sure whether to believe Mr B's Bo Derek anecdote. But I believe it now.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
PS: I was never entirely sure whether to believe Mr B's Bo Derek anecdote. But I believe it now.

From her lips to the audience's ears. She told the story to the assembled crowd.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Frank! You have a wonderful family there, and I am so glad you were able to be here, and it was nice to chat with you at the play. This is a day you'll always remember!

Nard! Thanks for coming up. Nice to see you again, as always.

jkt! As always, a pleasure.

patrask! Where were you?

library! Were you about?

I'm sorry that I disremember the board name of my Canadian friend whom I met. Re-introduce yourself.

I was there in spirit, as always, just a little under the weather lately. No poem this year either, I will have to work hard for next year.
Regards to all who made it.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roger Ley, Jr. took this video of the assembled masses singing happy birthday to Ray.

http://www.bradburychrysalis.blogspot.com/

John King Tarpinian