Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    ≈ALBUM 1≈ RAY's 87th BIRTHDAY at Mystery & Imagination Bookstore (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
≈ALBUM 1≈ RAY's 87th BIRTHDAY at Mystery & Imagination Bookstore
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Even before the designated Noon hour, of August 25th, 2007, Ray and a large crowd were already buckled-down in the Mystery and Imagination Bookstore in Glendale, California. All were celebrating Ray's 87th Birthday!!

•••~~•••NOTE•••~~•••
CHECK OUT two YOUTUBE video links here in the 'comments'. Also check out as another Video-Link in Album 3.
___________________________________________________________________________________

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
============ YOUTUBE VIDEO LINK============
Here's a short (aprox. 20 second) Video Clip of Ray blowing out the candles and wishing all much good-will on his 87th Birthday. Celebrated at the Mystery and Imagination Bookstore in Glendale, California, on August 25th, 2007, starting at Noon!

Click on:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YVTYlOiG2v4

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
===Second YOUTUBE link:===
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vl7zuFOiDzg

The above video link was taken at a Mexican Restaurant in Glendale, California, later in the day, August 25th. Earlier Ray had been celebrating his birthday at the Mystery and Imagination bookstore. (Will try to lighten a later version of this YOUTUBE video).

Bill Nolan talks about how he first met Ray Bradbury so many years ago.

posted Hide Post
Love it. The video is great! How long has William Nolan and Ray Bradbury been friends? It appears from Nolan's conversation that he came on the scene while Ray was still struggling to be a writer.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
embroiderer, I don't know ehen they first met, but RB was a published writer quite a long time before Nolan was. I think RB is about 8 years older than WN.

There is an excellent article about them (and others in their circle of influence - Charles Beaumont, Richard Matheson, George Clayton Johnson, Harlan Ellison) here: http://www.rodserling.com/csorcerers.htm

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a copy of the very article I showed to GCJ a year ago. He said he hadn't seen it and could I make him a copy. I did.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic, that was a great article link. Thank you.
Thanks for the photos. Really enjoyed the video with Ray and Bill Nolan. what's the news on the possibility of a redo of Logan's Run?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic, Thanks for the information. Appreciate the link.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey, i think i've been to that restaurant.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LordShen:
If you can remember the name of the place, post it. I'd appreciate it. It's right next door to a movie theater. How long ago where you there?