Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ray's NOEL (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray's NOEL
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Ray Bradbury's Christmas play, NOEL! Check link to YOUTUBE below (in comments) for a video-clip at the play!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been having trouble with the computer download to my desktop. However, here's a few pix, finally. Maybe more later. What I really don't like is this new format of presenting photos. I like to old simple way, not this gadgety new one.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YOUTUBE Video

Short video clip of Ray speaking to the audience in the second half of 'NOEL'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=27IbVAIHCgE

posted Hide Post
Love the image of Terry - it's almost ghostly.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Ray Bradbury's Christmas play, NOEL! Check link to YOUTUBE below (in comments) for a video-clip at the play!

The guy, Christopher Skatkoff (sp), is the one that did the Illustrated man statute for Ray who does those christian statues.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The guy, Christopher Skatkoff (sp), is the one that did the Illustrated man statute for Ray who does those christian statues.

Oh yes, Chris - I didn't even notice him. We must get round to see him, as he wants us to do a documentary on the creation of Mr Electrico.

That gives me an idea for an entry in next year's Ray Bradbury Film Festival. No, two!

Slatoff.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Oh yes, Chris - I didn't even notice him. We must get round to see him, as he wants us to do a documentary on the creation of Mr Electrico.

That gives me an idea for an entry in next year's Ray Bradbury Film Festival. No, two!

Slatoff.

As George Clayton knows all to well, I'm very bad with names. Frowner

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt/Doug Spaulding: Okay! What am I missing here? Are you saying Christopher Slatoff was at the play and is in one of the photos?

posted Hide Post
Yes.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Nard,

Yes, the man you identified as a reporter is the artist who created the Father Electrico statue.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Doug/ jkt:
Y0WIE! He had a badge strung around the end of a neck band and I thought I read something on the order of "media" thereabouts. But are you guys sure? I located a photo on the internet of Christopher Slatoff standing with one of his sculpture works, and it does not resemble the Christopher Slatoff you said was in the audience photo.
http://alumnicommunity.cgu.edu/s/221/index.aspx?sid=221...5&album=65&photo=970

posted Hide Post
quote:
But are you guys sure?

Nard is correct in that the guy does not resemble Christopher.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
As George Clayton knows all to well, I'm very bad with names.

And faces too?!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
As George Clayton knows all to well, I'm very bad with names.

And faces too?!

I did once confuse Mark Chinard (sp) with Nard. Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
But are you guys sure?

Nard is correct in that the guy does not resemble Christopher.

Nard, with the exception of Dorian Grey our pictures do not age while we do.

John King Tarpinian