Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    USC and Ray (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
USC and Ray
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
If you ever happen to be on the USC campus go over to the Fisher Museum of Art and look for this quote by Ray. While you are at it you may be interested in this link about the Blacklist.

http://fisher.usc.edu/collections/blacklist.html

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Cori

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Additional recommended reading, containing Ray Bradbury's thoughts on the evils of censorship during the McCarthy era, is NO MAN IS AN ISLAND, a 10-page pamphlet (now quite rare and expensive) which reprints an address on the subject delivered by Ray at the annual meeting of the National Women’s Committee of Brandeis University, Los Angeles Chapter, on November 7, 1952.

Posts: 2475 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mean, awesome to have your words carved in stone at all, and while you are still alive at that!

Cori

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I mean, awesome to have your words carved in stone at all, and while you are still alive at that!

Even better than that, sorta, Ray has his headstone already carved and waiting...hopefully for a long long long time.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope so, too, I hope he makes 100!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post