Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Aunt Neva (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Aunt Neva
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
A photo of Ray's beloved Aunt

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've been posting a lot of old photos lately - been digging around in the cellar?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
You've been posting a lot of old photos lately - been digging around in the cellar?

Google can be a wonderful thing when only used for the good of humankind.
Just trying to contribute a little here and there.
Do you wish me to stop?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't stop.

Here's one of me and Aunt Neva on a picnic outing to The Lake.

On this trip we picked up a hitchhiker - a weird, burning man.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, that would be A lake rather than THE lake. A lake in Arizona (as opposed to THE lake, which borders Illinois, Michigan etc).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know, but I always do that with regards to anything Bradbury, such as "here's a photo of Ray and The Crowd at his party", or "after the play, Ray and I went back to his house and talked until Long After Midnight", etcetera.

Just my funny way. Besides, I've always been a little crazy ever since that whole Roberts Blossom incident.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Speaking of which, have you seen my recent blog about JD Feigelson, who directed said incident?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Thanks, jkt. Great photo. She was very attractive but so pale.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
philnic,

Your blog is always so up to date and informative. It's a pleasure to visit.

The birthday card you sent Ray is burning bright.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Lake:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

Thanks, jkt. Great photo. She was very attractive but so pale.

The scan is a second generation from an old photo. I'm not too sure if she is pale as much as the result of multiple generations of duplications. I really should do more with photoshop .

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Speaking of which, have you seen my recent blog about JD Feigelson, who directed said incident?

I have. It's a fine blog. The Burning Man is my favourite TV episode of any Bradbury story. I told Ray that at his party recently, and he agreed.

Although, at lunch, he asked if I could get him a copy of And So Died Riabouchinska on DVD. I replied that I had gotten him one last year, remember? He said that he couldn't find it, send him another one please. He is so adorable. He has so much stuff in the house that he can't find Riabouchinska. He makes me laugh and he makes me smile, and that's a good combination.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Here's one of me and Aunt Neva on a picnic outing to The Lake.

Then there's always our friend here on the board, The Lake.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug. I'm braving the waters again from time to time.

posted Hide Post
Come on in - the water is fine!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hi, The Lake! Where've you been?

And has anyone seen grassy lately?

- Phil