Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Bronze Father Electrico (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Bronze Father Electrico
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
I went to the Pasadena Museum of California Art to admire the Father Electrico Bronze.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FANTASTIC! I wish I could see it in person!

Posts: 126 | Location: Texas | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The artist, Christopher Slatoff, has just updated his website.

http://www.slatoffsculpture.com/

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
amazing!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is awesome.

Cori

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a bit of rough b-roll we shot a few hours ago at Ray's.

We're working on a full documentary about the sculpture.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here is a short moment I shot last weekend at Chris's lecture. Forgive the lighting.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And it's been bronzed. Sunday I meet with the sculptor who will take me over to the foundry where we'll get a few shots. Sadly, I was unable to be in Mexico where the bronzing was done, but my cameraperson was there and she got plenty of footage. I'll try to post photos later.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
And it's been bronzed. Sunday I meet with the sculptor who will take me over to the foundry where we'll get a few shots. Sadly, I was unable to be in Mexico where the bronzing was done, but my cameraperson was there and she got plenty of footage. I'll try to post photos later.

And Scout carring the finished piece all the way back. (inside joke)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
And Scout carring the finished piece all the way back. (inside joke)

Well, come on inside and tell it! I like a good joke.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
The first of two videos I'll be posting of my first viewing of the bronzed pieces. Shot this past weekend.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
DS, Mr. Slatoff speaks, of course, of metaphors in the final moments of the first clip. This is really a nice capturing of the artist's passion for what he creates. Congrats. When is the expected completion date?

I also went back and re-viewed the 7/08 clip you include above. You really have the stuff of a fine documentary...from start to the ultimate unveiling of Dr. Electrico!

In the earlier post, Mr. B's comments of the Dandelion Wine and his grandfather and Love!!! I am especially moved, in view of what we sent to Mr. Bradbury last week (re: my message to you)!! I hope our appreciation is sensed when he sees, listens to, and touches our work to him! Thanks for these videos. They have warmly inspired - even as another foot of snow falls here...
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your good note - we certainly hope to make a swell documentary! No anticipated date of completion yet. We artists jump off the cliff and build our wings on the way down! Since we're getting into the final stages of shooting, it shouldn't be too long, though.

Dr Electrico is a good word!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Dr.!? Where did that come from? Maybe a fusion of Mr. & Fr. with neither getting the billing! "Father" it is!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post