Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    My Favorite Photo of Ray viewing his plaque (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
My Favorite Photo of Ray viewing his plaque
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here is what I think is a beautiful photo of Ray, for the first time, seeing his plaque placed outside the former typing room at UCLA where he wrote F451.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, again thanks, for being there to support Ray and to provide the rest of us with fantastic photos of Ray's most recent activities.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta love this! Thanks for sharing, jkt.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have relished teaching F451 for so many wonderful years to sophomore and senior hs students. Whenever I begin my introduction to the book, I always make a point of reading and discussing the background of these very points. A topic of burning books...created in the basement of the UCLA Library...a true "dime" novel...all of the great authors spoke to him as he gathered them up, returning to type...in nine days, 25,000 words...metaphors galore!! He was mad in love then...fifty-nine years later...still as mad in love!

(It was spring of 1950! - I wonder if it was "this very 9 days" - 59 years ago - that he tap, tapped away with madness??? Maybe JKT could get the inside word on this from Mr. B himself! Now, wouldn't that be appropriately ironic!?)
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
(Maybe JKT could get the inside word on this from Mr. B himself! Now, wouldn't that be appropriately ironic!?)
f

Oh joy, a homework assignment. Smiler

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Oh joy, a homework assignment.

You could ask him on one of your extended-lunch trips over to the house.Wink

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be a real treat to hear from Mr. B on this?

An hour ago: I do an independent reading/journal writing unit in class with seniors. I have a large array of texts, collections, and articles for perusal and responses. The first entry was discussed and explained today with expectations outlined.

I referred to a Reader's Digest (pulled randomly from a bookshelf extensively supply w/ literary mags.). So, what catches my eye upon my even more randomly opened page of the book?

A colorful two page layout with Tarzan (Johnny W.), Burns & Allen, Jack Benny, WC Fields, Jean Harlow, and others, with a thick-lensed kid rolling through the scene on skates, pen and pad in hand!!!

Title, "On Roller Skates in Hollywood," by Ray Bradbury.
(Illustrator, Paul Tankersley). Date September, 1986. It was great -- I expounded on the irony!

The man is everywhere we turn! This one goes to my collection of RB stuff, but I will get a copy to Mr. B in my next contact.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post