Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    ALBUM 2 ≈ Ray's 87th (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
ALBUM 2 ≈ Ray's 87th
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
THIS IS ≈ALBUM 2≈

It is less time consuming to download new photos into a new page. So check out ALBUM 1, if you haven't. Album 1 also contains a couple VIDEO LINKS to the Birthday festivities.

•˚•˚NOTE˚•˚•
Check back later in the week ...for the last few photos, and another Video Link, as ALBUM 3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pictures, Nard. I may not remember what went on but at least there is photographic proof I was there. ;-}

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are wonderful pictures. It makes for all the more heartache that I couldn't make it from Washington state.

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great work, Nard. I particularly like your running commentary.

And now I know what happened to those dinosaurs.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How I wish I could have been there. Great pics!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Great work, Nard. I particularly like your running commentary.

And now I know what happened to those dinosaurs.

The dinosaurs went home with Mr. B. All but one, that somebody decided would be a souvineer.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: Were you ever able to share this (June 08, 07 1:04pm post) with Mr. B? Looking at all of the great images and his celebrating with wonderful friends and fans brought it to my mind -- for some reason.

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/10010939...061042613#5061042613

I wish I could have been somewhere in the background!
fp

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
jkt: Were you ever able to share this (June 08, 07 1:04pm post) with Mr. B? Looking at all of the great images and his celebrating with wonderful friends and fans brought it to my mind -- for some reason.

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/10010939...061042613#5061042613

I wish I could have been somewhere in the background!
fp

To be honest, I have it printed out and in an envelope. For some reason, I've not given it to Mr. B, yet. I promise I will.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
This is from my local paper...which seems to be 80% correct in its reporting 20% of the time. Smiler

The reporter asked me if I owned the bookshop and I said no...pointing to the owners, Malcolm and Christine Bell.

The reporter then asked if I was Mr. B's assistant. Again I replied in the negative...saying that I am just helping out for the day.

And this lady is the one that reports on happenings at Cal-Tech and JPL.

John King Tarpinian

ImageNewsPress.jpg (181 Kb, 12 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Reporter: And what's your name?

JKT: John King Tarpinian.

Reporter (taking notes): ...John... King.

JKT: Tarpinian.

Reporter: You're welcome.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reporter: And what's your name?

JKT: John King Tarpinian.

Reporter (taking notes): ...John... King.

JKT: Tarpinian.

Reporter: You're welcome.

Never offered up my last name. I figured my first and middle would be hard enough for the poor dear.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
JKT:

Oh God, that's funny!

I'm laughing here.

(For real)

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfly:
JKT:

Oh God, that's funny!

I'm laughing here.

(For real)

Besides, as Doug pointed out, if I could not get George Clayton Thomas' name right what chance did I have of getting my own correct?

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
According to this story:

http://www.lacanadaonline.com/articles/2007/08/30/enter...ent-bradbury0830.txt

the cake was based on A Sound of Thunder, and even had a butterfly etched into the icing. I do hope nobody accidentally ate the butterfly, as they might have changed future history.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
According to this story:

http://www.lacanadaonline.com/articles/2007/08/30/enter...ent-bradbury0830.txt

the cake was based on A Sound of Thunder, and even had a butterfly etched into the icing. I do hope nobody accidentally ate the butterfly, as they might have changed future history.

You should have seen the look on the faces at the bakery when I asked if they could put a butterly on the dinosaur cake. ;-}

John King Tarpinian