Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Comic Con #41 (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Comic Con #41
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here a just a few photos from Ray's trip.

Keep an eye out for the October or November issue of Wired Magazine. Maybe something special will show up on the online site...that I am sworn to secrecy of but can say was real fun standing on the sidelines watching.

Fanboy: I peeked back out from behind the magic curtain and you were gone. Sorry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice! As always THANKS for sharing jkt!

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics as always, jkt. Thanks for posting.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to my quick review of Comic Con:

http://file770.com/

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Figures the ONE year I decide to NOT wade through the crowded sea of smelly people and "Twilight" twits, there's an autograph signing. I DID get my copies of The Stories of Ray Bradbury, so it worked out. *shrug*

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's okay, jkt! I had my 80 year old mother with me, and she was getting a little tired after the second day of the intensity of Comic-con, wanted to take her for a snack and a rest. We both enjoyed Ray's lecture very much, I thought Sam Weller did an excellent job interviewing him, asking all the right questions and such.

I was glad to be able to come up and say hi, people didn't mob the stage afterwards this year.

I took little vids of the lecture on my camera, and I will post them on youtube over the next few days for fans who weren't able to be there. There are some priceless gems of wisdom!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks JKT for adding the link so that we could read your fine comments.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fanboy---

Just got off the phone with Sam Weller and read your post to him. He said to say thank you. Ray Bradbury told us over the weekend that this was the best interview anyone had ever done with him at Comic Con. Sam is very committed to Ray's legacy and it showed big time on Saturday. It also helped that Sam hosted a radio show for a year. He's damned good at this sorta stuff.

Great meeting so many of you at Comic Con!

Best,

JC

Posts: 71 | Registered: 01 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
And now, this wonderful write-up.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post