Add Comment
Comic Con 2009
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Author James Owen blogs about meeting Ray at Comic Con

http://coppervale.livejournal.com/227114.html

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, we were on the other side of the hall, the crowd around Ray was so thick after the lecture, I didn't think we could make it through. Next year, I'm gonna try to park myself on that side as far forward as I can.....and make a mad dash, elbowing all others after the lecture.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
Unfortunately, we were on the other side of the hall, the crowd around Ray was so thick after the lecture, I didn't think we could make it through. Next year, I'm gonna try to park myself on that side as far forward as I can.....and make a mad dash, elbowing all others after the lecture.

Don't feel bad, I could not get off the stage to retrieve my bag of goodies. Luckily, somebody picked it up for me.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Don't feel bad, I could not get off the stage to retrieve my bag of goodies. Luckily, somebody picked it up for me.

You should have hired someone to go before you into The Crowd shouting "jkt coming thru!"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm gonna be uploading my little videos of Ray's Comic-con lecture in a couple of days. I seem to have come home from CC with a bad cold or flu, so it's gonna be a couple of days before I feel good enough to sift through. I got the whole interview of Ray on the night of the moon landing, but it'll be in two parts.

What can I say, I just love Ray so much, he's a modern day prophet. I hope he lives to be 100 because the world needs him.

You aren't the only one. We're still jursing our colds, but it was worth it to sit in on another lecture of Mr. Ray Bradbury's.

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Photos by Nik Grant:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ni.../5362853131570081570

I was caught in one of those photos! How funny!

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait--Jerry Weist was at Comic Con too? I have wanted to get him to sign my copy of Illustrated Life for years! Ray drew a great T-Rex in mine, but no Weist. Schucks! Will he be at any other upcoming events?

Posts: 13 | Location: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: 05 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lady Strange, did you get a really bad cold at Comic-con, too? I've been sick for a week now, bad cough and everything.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will Ray's 89th birthday party on the 22nd of this month due?

Due? Spoken like a true IRS man!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lady Strange, did you get a really bad cold at Comic-con, too? I've been sick for a week now, bad cough and everything.

Yeah... I'm still full of mucous, but am for the most part better. I get a really bad cold every year I attend Comic-Con.

posted Hide Post
Hi All,

I am tardy in posting these photos from Comic Con but still thought you would enjoy seeing them. It was wonderful to see Ray as always! Wish you all could have been there. Hi to JKT too!

-Patricia

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...s/72157621966220780/

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatR:
Hi All,

I am tardy in posting these photos from Comic Con but still thought you would enjoy seeing them. It was wonderful to see Ray as always! Wish you all could have been there. Hi to JKT too!

Yes Pat, it was good to have seen you there. The photos with me in them makes me wish I were a vampire so my image would not show up. :-}

-Patricia

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...s/72157621966220780/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Wish I could have been there. Great to see Sam Weller out and about!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dark:
Wish I could have been there. Great to see Sam Weller out and about!

The ride to and from was almost as entertaining as the event: Ray, Sam Weller and Jerry Weist with me playing the part of the fly on the wall.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
What a great collection of photos... thank you for sharing!

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post