New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
"New Bradbury Inde-Film"
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A recent reply from Chris Charles...concerning 'Small Assassin' ... is that the editing of the short film is going well. He says they are happy with how the filming has turned out, pretty much getting all they want onto film and in the way they wanted... Some sort of DVD will be available likely in the next couple months... Will keep you posted!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest from director Chris Charles is that, with a little film editing, "The Small Assassin" by Ray Bradbury will be going to the Sundance Film Festival next year. (2009). That means knocking out 10 minutes from the original DVD version.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Posted 03-25-2006

Wow - that's a looooong post-production!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That means knocking out 10 minutes from the original DVD version.

Now that's a shame.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
That means knocking out 10 minutes from the original DVD version.

Now that's a shame.

Doug: Well, of course, the DVD has been out for a while. It's discussed on Phil's website. "The small Assassin" was submitted to Sundance in the original DVD format. They said they will take The Small Assassin film plus two others if they knock the SA film down by 10 minutes and supply a new soundtrack. So they have their work cut out for them.

posted Hide Post
Much though I like the film, I think it will actually benefit from having ten minutes removed (as long as it's the right ten minutes).

What's up with the soundtrack? I thought it was perfectly fine.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So they have their work cut out for them.

Or will have to cut their work out!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This one is for Phil (philnic):

Phil, just got an email from Chris Charles yesterday, who directed the (perhaps) latest version of 'The Small Assassin'. He says that they will finally be editing the Bradbury film and cutting 10-15 minutes of it (as previously discussed)..and making it darker. They tried to get 'The Small Assassin' into the Sundance Film Festival later this month, but failed. Likely one of the big reasons for the re-editing.

This is the Beverly Ridge Pictures website:
http://www.beverlyridgepictures.com/intro

posted Hide Post
Happy New Year, Nard! Thanks for the update. Making it darker, eh? I hope that means removing or reducing the long interlude in the park.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, another note, but apart from Small Assassin, is about Jon Eller's work on Bradbury. His voluminous work will initially be published in two volumes, covering Bradbury from birth to 1965. (Or was this already mentioned somewhere? Perhaps.)

posted Hide Post
Hi Nard, I can't remember whether it's been mentioned on here, but I am in contact with Jon periodically, and he has kept me informed on his work.

For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, Prof Eller is writing a kind of literary biography of Bradbury. It will focus on what influenced Bradbury's writing, and in that sense will go much deeper than Sam Weller's biog of Ray.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
This film will about 25 minutes, from what I hear, and will be shown in Film Festivals around the country.

Nard, imagine my surprise tonight when I posted a link to this film on my Facebook, and, later, got a notification that Nard Kordell had also commented on my link! Wonderful to hear from you again!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Nard, ... Wonderful to hear from you again!

Spooky!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw that, too, and posted asking if Nard had seen the film, in which he apparently appears. I have seen videos by him but don't believe I have seen one of him.

Cori

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post