Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    "New Bradbury Inde-Film" (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
"New Bradbury Inde-Film"
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
"The Small Assassin" new film by Chris Charles and Kevin Moss.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great to see this! Thanks! How is this film to be used? Looks pretty ambitious.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, is this in Beverly? If so, you were only a few blocks from where I work, and I would have loved to go over there. And were you actually in the film or just visiting the set? Details, man, we want details!! (Yes, I'm jealous!!)

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper:
Oooh! You were so nearby. Yes! that's right. You work right there. And Yep. Right in Beverly, a little further south from where you are located. It was all day Sunday. (By the way, they did have an 'extras' call for late night of October 30th, downtown Palmer House in Chicago.) I keep 'mum' in the picture, and probably will be edited out anyway. But it was fun.

The movie will be made into a wide 35mm film, touring film festivals, etc. Bradbury gave his endorsement to the film being made. Both fellows who headed the film, Kevin Moss and Chris Charles, truly love Bradbury's works. It's like...great!! to even talk to guys like this.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like great fun, Nard. And I'm so glad to hear that the producer and director are true fans who actually look back at the original story when questions arise. I hope this will be available in some venue that we can all see.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lmskipper:
'Small Assassin' is said to be finished shooting around November 14th thereabouts. Whereas the final production of the film around February, '06. I do hope something will be available, specifically a DVD.

Also to note that I heard that actor Jeremy Irons is supposedly in some sort of Bradbury film, either about ready to, or having had the go ahead.... I'll have to dig around and find out what particular film this is...

posted Hide Post
Wow, this is great, and wonderful that they'll be able to do something with this, unlike the "Dandelion Wine" film Bradbury wasn't even aware of until told.

Cori

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And to think that someone has the faith in this venture to fund the making of the film. By the look of the camera it is definatley professional stuff. I got to see a scene being filmed from "XXX-The State of the Union" and when they broke for lunch got to see the camera up close. Although it was larger, the basic compenents seem very much alike.

Of course, the actors could be volunteers, but somehow I doubt that. Nard, were you privy to any of these details?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
biplane1

Each actor was paid 20 milllion.

posted Hide Post
Huh?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where can I apply???? I'm in need of some Christmas shopping money!

posted Hide Post
Just received an email from director Chris Charles... to say both a regular movie trailer as well as a teaser trailer will be available soon pertaining to "The Small Assassin"...
...as well as a website. Stay tuned!

posted Hide Post
Nard, does this mean it's actually going to appear at the regular movie theaters? You know, it's just a nasty enough little story that it may do well as a movie. Look how all those creepy slasher movies score number 1 at the box office whenever they are released. Oh boy, here we go again!

posted Hide Post
lmskipper:

This film will about 25 minutes, from what I hear, and will be shown in Film Festivals around the country.

posted Hide Post
I remember the old "Small Assassin" short..On Bradbury Theater. Pretty cool, pretty cool..

Booyah

Posts: 5 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post